Remote - Senior Functional Analyst (ServiceNow)
Company: First American Financial Corporation
Location: Santa Ana
Posted on: June 23, 2022
Company SummaryJoin a team that puts its People First! Since
1889, First American (NYSE: FAF) has held an unwavering belief in
its people. They are passionate about what they do, and we are
equally passionate about fostering an environment where all feel
welcome, supported, and empowered to be innovative and reach their
full potential. Our inclusive, people-first culture has earned our
company numerous accolades, including being named to the Fortune
100 Best Companies to Work For - list for six consecutive years. We
have also earned awards as a best place to work for women,
diversity and LGBTQ+ employees, and have been included on more than
50 regional best places to work lists. First American will always
strive to be a great place to work, for all. For more information,
please visit www.careers.firstam.com.Job SummaryWe are looking for
an experienced Functional Analyst to join our dynamic team in Santa
Ana, CA! As a Senior Functional Analyst, you will gather and
document business system requirements. You will develop functional
specifications and design solutions as per application capability,
act as a liaison between the ServiceFirst (ServiceNow) Development
team and the Business users. Performs Fit/Gap Analysis and
configure application software to deliver new or modified
functionality. Our Functional Analyst documents test plans and
supports user acceptance testing & recommends application
functionality and features that could be implemented. You will
create and manage service requests with application vendors to
resolve application issues or functionality.
- Requirements Gathering - Conducts meetings to determine
business needs and documents them accordingly.
- Conducts feasibility study of the requirements
- Researches packaged application functionality and features that
could be implemented to meet business requirements.
- Configures application software to deliver new or modified
- Develops functional specifications and design solutions based
on application module capabilities.
- Performs application support functions such as incident triage,
research application bugs, respond to customer escalations, and
other activities that lead to issue resolution
- Collaborates with technical team in the process of developing
application extension solutions or resolving application
- Acts as a liaison between the ServiceFirst (ServiceNow)
development team and the Business users.
- Prepares test cases, execute, and conduct functional testing
and support user testing.
- Assists in issue resolution of complex production issues as
- Creates and manages service requests with application vendors
to resolve application issues or functionality.
- Plans and/or monitors all the tasks and/or phases involved in
successful delivery of application solution.
- Coordinates system integration efforts between vendors and
development team.Knowledge and Skills/Technology Used
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent organization skills and interpersonal skills.
- Requires problem solving and analytical skills, and the ability
to communicate technical information to both technical and
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, respond quickly to emergent
problems, and focus both on long-range projects and immediate tasks
required to maintain system functionality.
- Ability to analyze and interpret complex business processes and
- Experience working on projects involving multiple application
modules and integration with other systems.
- Working knowledge of packaged application (ServiceNow)
functionality and features.
- Has background that combines functional expertise and business
management skills with an understanding of information
- Solid skills on creating process documentation, training
procedures, test cases, and standard operating procedures using
modeling tools such as Visio or other equivalent tools.Typical
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experienceTypical Range of
- Typically 4-6years of directly related experienceLicense or
- Business Analysis Certification such as CBAP or CCBA
- Experience with ServiceNow and/or ITIL is a
plus#LI-JP1#TECHREFERRAL#TCORPITFirst American invests in its
employees' development and well-being, empowers them to provide
superior customer service and encourages them to serve the
communities where they live and work. First American is committed
to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity
employer.Based on eligibility, First American offers a
comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision,
401k, PTO/paid sick leave and other great benefits like an employee
stock purchase plan.
Keywords: First American Financial Corporation, Santa Ana , Remote - Senior Functional Analyst (ServiceNow), Professions , Santa Ana, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!