Location: Santa Ana
Posted on: September 16, 2023
This Jobot Job is hosted by: Scott RickettsAre you a fit? Easy
Apply now by clicking the "Apply" button and sending us your
resume.Salary: $70,000 - $95,000 per yearA bit about us:A family
run business with 30+ years of CNC Machining Services & Automation
Solutions for Precision Parts...Driven to meet the evolving needs
of a rapidly changing market, our certified AS9100D and ISO
9001:2015 precision machine shop embraces cutting-edge,
capability-expanding technologies that ensure the highest quality
and most cost-effective machining processes in the industry.Why
join us?Family owned business with a 30 year track record of
- Excellence in Communication with honesty and transparency
- Attention to detail and Quality in everything we do
- Flexibility and Resourcefulness to achieve and succeed as a
- Eagerness to grow and to help each other grow
- Gratitude for what we have, for each other and for our
clientsJob DetailsThe Production Supervisor is responsible for the
day-to-day production activities of the company in order to drive
production metrics and to ensure financial goals are met. The
Production Supervisor will work closely with CNC machinists,
Programmers and Management and will use the company's digital ERP
system (ProShop) throughout the day to confirm all production
related information and reports are accurate and continuously
improved upon. The position requires the measuring of progress and
adjusting plans with team members.Responsibilities:
- Lead, train and supervise CNC machinists in daily
responsibilities and procedure enforcement consisting but not
limited to: required documentation through digital ERP (ProShop),
tool life maintenance, daily machine maintenance requirements, Q.C.
adjustments, machine error tracking, etc.
- Participate in the creation of the daily machine schedule
through digital ERP system (ProShop) providing feedback to
feasibility, flow, and operator capacity. Ensure all Machines
(Swiss Screw, Live Tooling Lathes, 5 Axis Pallet systems & Wire
EDM) are running in accordance with the daily ProShop schedule, and
with objectives to meet established OEE targets.
- The Production Supervisor will become an expert on the
company's digital technologies to include the digital ERP
(ProShop), digital QMS (High QA), digital quoting system (Paperless
Parts), machine monitoring system (Datanomix) and other related
- Problem solving / Component Quality: Coordinate directly with
QC department to validate part quality from QC reports. For any
non-conforming issues, work with Programming, Machinists and
Management to validate part setup, tool builds, fixture
requirements and machine geometry to achieve the required
resolution and expected quality.
- Experience managing and maintaining a shop floor with a robust
ERP system and a 5S culture.
- Using the ProShop machine schedule, guide machinists to
proactively verify the machines are configured correctly with
appropriate tooling, available tool life, and fixtures as required
to meet the forecasted production schedule.
- Develop, implement and evaluate SOP's and WI's to maintain,
troubleshoot, and improve processes related to: Machine
maintenance, operator procedures, tooling procedures, presetting
- Schedule machine operator work schedules, monitor OT use inline
with OT targets, and oversee and follow up on assigned tasks given
to machinists and team members.
- Actively mentors and participates in the training of
machinists. Includes goal setting and review, along with completion
of annual performance review.
- Responsible for communication with management of any critical
machine or machine operator issues.
- Identifies opportunities for improvement, proposes a viable
plan for implementation for improvement, executes plan to
- Planning. The position will work closely with management to set
strategy and planning of technology and infrastructure investments,
as well as resource allocation. Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree or AA Degree or completed trade school study
relevant toward CNC machine manufacturing.
- Strong computer skills and working experience with
manufacturing based ERP systems.
- 7 years of experience working in a highly dynamic, metric
driven, close tolerance manufacturing environment, with
responsibilities in machine operation, programming, and cutting
tool selection and maintenance.
- Minimum 2 years' experience supervising machine operators,
process and equipment in a highly dynamic, metric driven, close
tolerance manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of 5 axis pallet systems, automated bar feed systems
and machine monitoring systems preferred
- Advanced experience in the selection and management of cutting
tools and specific tool application. (eg. reamers, end mills,
boring bars, taps, drills, etc.)
- Strong / proven organizational and verbal communication skills,
required to supervise multiple machinists, processes and equipment
within a dynamic manufacturing environment.
- Ability to read and understand detailed blueprints with
advanced GD&T experience. Ability to manipulate and understand
3D models is preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret drawings
- Must have excellent communication skills to guide and motivate
team members, and to demonstrate excellence in communication with
- Must be a flexible team player and leader, willing and able to
assist in areas outside of your department to ensure a clean and
productive working environment.Interested in hearing more? Easy
Apply now by clicking the "Apply" button.
Keywords: Jobot, Santa Ana , Production Supervisor, Professions , Santa Ana, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!