Summer Sales Intern - Automotive
Company: The Sherwin-Williams Company
Location: Santa Ana
Posted on: November 20, 2023
Sherwin-Williams is seeking motivated individuals with an
interest in sales, customer service, and leading a successful team
to join our Summer Sales Internship. This is a 10-week paid
internship over the summer offering hands-on experience working in
an Automotive Branch.
- Develops positive relationships with others to better
accomplish work goals.
- Effectively meets customer needs and builds productive
relationships by treating each customer like a guest.
- Clearly conveys information and ideas to others in a manner
that helps them understand and retain the message.
- Presents products and services to customers in a manner that
provides solutions and benefits and strengthens the
- Actively participates as a member of a team to help the branch
achieve its goals.
- Utilizes people, resources and information to make good
- Effectively manages time and resources to ensure that work is
- Sets high standards of performance for self; assumes
responsibility and accountability for successfully completing
assignments or tasks.
- Demonstrates honesty and the ability to recognize moral
- Maintains effectiveness when experiencing changes in work and
adjusts effectively to new work processes, situations and
- Learn basic automotive product lines.
- Ensure completion of all assigned training classes, product
seminars and learning projects as assigned by the Branch Manager or
Regional Branch Manager.
- Assist customers by determining needs and presenting
appropriate products and services.
- Handle customer inquiries via the telephone by providing
accurate information regarding products and product applications,
and process telephone orders accordingly.
- Ensure sales transactions are completed accurately.
- Pull appropriate products from sales floor or warehouse, tint
and mix to customer specifications.
- Ensure product order forms are properly completed, process
orders, and follow up as necessary.
- Alert Branch Manager of all sales leads, customer complaints
- Perform basic administrative tasks such as processing credit
applications, opening and closing the POS, receiving payments on
account, obtaining credit approvals, processing paperwork and
- Construct in-store merchandising displays.
- Put in place point-of purchase material.
- Operate all material handling, tinting, mixing and testing
equipment in a safe manner.
- Check incoming orders from vendors against purchase order for
- Maintain facility to S-W standards through proper maintenance,
repair and housekeeping.
- Identify facility problems and make recommendations.
- Follow designated loss prevention, security and safety
practices according to policy and correct or report non-compliance
of appropriate procedures/policies.
- Must be at least eighteen (18) years of age.
- Must have a minimum overall GPA of 3.0
- Must be enrolled in a college or university at the time of the
- Must be pursuing a bachelor's degree at the time of the
- Must have a High School diploma or GED.
- Must be able, with or without reasonable accommodation, to
retrieve material from shelves, floor stacks, and/or pallet racking
and lift and/or carry up to 50 lbs. frequently and up to 100 lbs.
- Must be willing to travel as required for this
- Must be willing to work all scheduled hours, including overtime
as needed, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the country of employment
without needing sponsorship for employment work visa status now or
in the future.
- Have at least one (1) year of experience using Microsoft Office
products (e.g. Word, Excel, Power Point, Teams, and/or
- Have at least one (1) year experience working in a retail,
sales, or customer service position.
- Have previous experience working in a team-oriented setting
including work experience, extracurricular activities, military
- Be willing to relocate for future job opportunities.
- Have a valid, unrestricted Driver's license.
Keywords: The Sherwin-Williams Company, Santa Ana , Summer Sales Intern - Automotive, Sales , Santa Ana, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!